Table of Contents
Ninebot Max - SNSC 2.x series
The Ninebot Max is little less popular scooter.
The same rough design is carried over the whole line, the scooter always including a mechanical front brake and electrical rear brake.
Characteristics & identification
Click on a scooter model to show a preview.
|Scooter model||Max||Max Lite||SNSC2.0/2.1||SNSC2.2||SNSC2.3||SNSC2.3.2||SNSC2.4|
|Max speed||20/25/30km/h||20/25/30km/h||20/25 km/h|
|Range||65km||40km||60km (up to 100km on 1004/1033 Wh)||55km (<100km on 1004/1033 Wh)|
|Battery (Wh)||551||367||551/1004/1033 (optional)|
|3-pin charging connector||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Net weight||19kg||17.5kg||20kg||24.6kg||27.5kg||31.5 kg|
|Charging time (hrs)||6||6.5||6||4h (external 5A charger)|
|Motor type||Rear Hub|
|Max angle (%)||20||14||nd|
|Brakes||Electrical rear Drum front||Electrical rear, drum front, optional rear drum||Electrical rear, drum front, drum rear (optional on 2.2, stock on the rest)|
|Braking distance (20km/h)||2 meters|
|Front Tire (inch)||10 Pneumatic||11.5 Pneumatic|
|Rear Tire (inch)||10 Pneumatic|
|Max payload||100kg||120 kg|
|LED screen||Yes||Yes, unless replaced||Varies depending on the configuration|
|Visibility||Headlight, rear light, reflectors on some models|
|“Mood lights” (RGB LEDs)||No||Optional||Yes|
|Dimension (LxWxH)|| |
Unfolded: 112x47x120 cm
|No data, about the same as 2.0/2.1|
|Water resistance||IPX4||Vehicle and controller - IPX5, battery and internal charger - IPX7||Vehicle - IPX4, battery and controller - IPX7||nd|
Ninebot Max and SNSC2.0/2.1 scooters are supported by many apps and developers and are as popular in the hacking scene as Xiaomi scooters (they use a very similar protocol).
ScooterHacking.org DOES NOT publicly support the 2.2-2.4 range of scooters to decrease theft rate.
Serial number anatomy
We also have battery SN anatomy, available here (click)
The ESC serial number consists of 14 characters
Example serial number: N4GSD1939C0123
Black - Product identifier
Orange- Product version (SN prefix)
Gray - Manufacturing line at the factory
Purple- Year of production
Green- Week of production
Red- Product revision
Blue - Serial number unique for every unit made in each week
- N4G represents a consumer version of the scooter(G30/D/P/LP)
- N4L represents a rental version of the scooter(SNSC2.0)
- N4Z represents a rental version of the Ninebot Max Plus first gen. (SNSC2.3)
- NAG represents a rental version of the Max Pro in the US variant (SNSC2.2A)
- A2S represents a rental version of the Max Plus in the US variant
- C_S represents a rental version of the Max Plus.
Product versions (SN prefixes)
- S is limited to 30 km/h (G30P)
- C is limited to 25 km/h (G30)
- E is limited to 20 km/h (G30D blue)
- P is limited to 25 km/h (G30E)
- N is a Ninebot Max Lite (G30LP) serial prefix, limited to 30 km/h
- A is a Ninebot Max Lite (G30LE) serial prefix, limited to 25 km/h
- O is a Ninebot Max Lite (G30LE) serial prefix, limited to 25 km/h
- M is a Ninebot Max Lite (G30LD) serial prefix, limited to 20 km/h
- T is a Maserati G30M serial prefix, limited to 25 km/h
- 2 is a Ninebot Max Pro, US spec (SNSC2.2A) serial prefix, limited to 25 km/h
- 0 (zero) is a Ninebot Max Plus, US spec (SNSC2.3) serial prefix, limited to 25 km/h
- C (N4YC) is a Seat Mó (G30D) serial prefix, limited to 20 km/h
- 1 (NTG1) is an Audi EKS (G30D) serial prefix, limited to 20 km/h
Known rental SN prefixes & mfg lines
- YL - Lyft
- FC - Circ
- PL - Spin
- AK - Voi
- HD - Voi
- AB - Scoot911
- BG - Bolt (Taxify)
- AC - Qick
- UD - Bolt (Taxify)
- 2C - Lyft (SNSC2.2A)
- 0C - Skip (Helbiz, 2.3)
Golden serial number
If you change your serial number to N4GSD1111Cxxxx (replace x-es with your current SN's numbers) and restart the scooter, it will unlock the full potential of the stock firmware.
Identifying motor version
Find your motor's serial number printed on the side of the motor.
Check out our full Ninebot Max motor anatomy (click)
- If the motor SN starts with a 6, then it's the older version, mostly used everywhere around the world. On stock voltage, its maximum speed will be from around 32km/h when the battery is fully charged, to 26km/h when empty.
- If the motor SN starts with a 9, then it's the newer version, used in G30Ps and some G30Lx models. On stock voltage, its maximum speed will be from around 38km/h when the battery is fully charged, to 32km/h when empty.
- If the motor SN starts with a 5, then it's a rental version. Most of them behave like the older generation.